HDPE Beginner Hoop
The HDPE Beginner Hoop is the perfect choice for beginners, fitness hoopers, or even as a gift for the kiddos. Choose from 3 designs and 8 grip tape color options! Featuring 1/2″ grip tape, polycarb connectors, and a push-button connection, allowing you to partially coil down.
HDPE is heavier than Polypro, making it wonderful for fitness. HDPE is also less flexible and “bouncy” than polypro, making it a great choice for beginners learning waist hooping and simple tricks.
Grip Tape Designs
- One Color – Spiral
- One Color – Inside – Grip tape on inside rim of hoop
- Two Colors – Criss Cross
Grip Tape Color Options
- 5/8 HDPE – Any Size up to 35″ inches
- 3/4 HDPE – Any Size up to 40″ inches
Good To Know!
- Hoops over 36″ inches can fully collapse down.
- Hoops under 35″ inches can partially collapse down.
- After receiving hoop, lay hoop flat and uncoiled for 1-2 hours before connecting.
- HDPE takes shape pretty quickly – with a couple minutes of fast waist or leg hooping, it should be good to go!
- Store flat on the ground or up against a wall.
Tubing Type: HDPE vs. Polypro
- HDPE tubing is a durable, lightweight and sturdy hoop material. HDPE is a great choice for beginners, fitness hoopers, and hoops for children.
- Polypro tubing is a sturdy and responsive hoop material. It is the most popular hoop material because it is lightweight, responsive, and has a smooth hooping feel. Although rare, Polypro is more susceptible to crack or break in very cold weather.
Hula Hoop Tube Sizing Guide
Hoops larger than 34” are only available with 3/4” tubing because 5/8“ tubing easily loses its shape at large hoop sizes.
- ⅝” is the size of a nickel
- ¾” is the size of a quarter – best for beginners
Suggested Beginner Hoop Sizes (by height):
- If you are 5’ or shorter, you should start with a 30”-33” hoop.
- For those 5’ 5” or taller, you should start with a 32”-35” hoop.
- If you taller than 5’ 8”, you should start with a 35”-40” hoop.
Note: These are recommendations for beginners just getting into hula hooping. The bigger the hoop the slower it moves giving you a faster reaction time. The smaller hoop the faster it moves giving you a shorter reaction time. If you are learning to waist hoop we would recommend a bigger sized hoop!
Your hoop will be built and shipped within 3-5 business days. Not including weekends or holidays. USPS 2-3 Day Priority Mail.
Hoop ships coiled down in signature “Pizza Box”. Safe & Secure Shipping.
Click here for 300+ flow arts tutorials on the Sacred Flow Art YouTube Channel!